Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Over the Hump!!!!

Clearly, this blog is not meeting it expectations. I should have kept you posted about all of the many things I have done here. All of the sudden it has been over three months and I am now counting down instead of up. Here is a picture of me hanging out at the Swiss compound.


Anyway, it has been a crazy two months. I have been so stressed out, and so busy, but yet it has been very rewarding at the same time. We built an aircraft parking apron, some places for people to work, and I am now in the process of moving a work area for a squadron here on the base to a different location. So far I have been at Camp Bastion for my entire time in Afghanistan.

Here is a picture of me out helping to build the parking ramp.

We also made a big wall around the parking ramp with the help of some locals.

I will leave you with that. I am surviving. It has been a crazy road so far, but
incredibly rewarding. I'm a little short on words at the moment, so I will call this post good.











2 comments:

  1. Oh, come on Bert! I don't see how you wouldn't have time to sit and blog everyday, I'm sure you're just sitting around!! Geez!!!

    You know I'm kidding! I think you're doing awesome to have blogged even this much. We're so glad that you're on the count down at this point. I talked to Adreann today, and you'll be home before we all know it. We're just grateful you've remained safe and are finding it a rewarding experience. Stay positive and feel the love coming from the Hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All is well, all is well:) Now you know how little kids feel when they are counting down the days untill Christmas. Glad to see some photos, keep up the great work and you'll be home before you know it. Then on to the next adventure in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete